Rio Negro Palace
Built between 1900 and 1903, with 16 rooms to be the residence of the rich rubber trader, the German Waldemar Schölz, the “Palacete Schölz” as it became known, was sold to the state in 1917, when it became the seat of the state government. From 1987 it was transformed into a Cultural Center, furnished with pieces that are close to the pomp of rubber, it is a sober palace, it has a classic style façade and its architectural ensemble is elegant and discreet. Its function as a Cultural Center, it hosts several cultural events, has functional rooms for important dispatches of the Governor. Visiting is free.